Flea and Tick Treatments for Dogs: Protect Your Pet from Parasites
Information on Flea Treatments, including our video on how to apply a spot on flea treatment. Or scroll down for products
Information on Flea Treatments
Fleas and ticks are more than just a nuisance for dogs; they can cause serious health problems such as itching, skin irritation, and anemia. The good news is that there are many effective flea and tick treatments available to protect your furry friend.
At Hyperdrug, we offer a range of flea and tick treatments for dogs, including:
- Spot on treatments: These treatments are easy to apply and provide fast-acting protection. They typically offer protection for 4-8 weeks.
- Collars: These are a long-lasting solution that provides protection for up to 8 months. They are easy to use and adjustable for all sizes.
- Flea Shampoos: These are a great option for dogs who enjoy bathing and can help provide immediate relief from flea and tick infestations, and can remove flea debris and dirt, a potential cause of allergies in dogs.
- Flea combs: These are a simple and effective tool for removing fleas and ticks from your dog's fur. They can be used in combination with other treatments for added protection.
It's also important to consider the environment your dog is in, as fleas and ticks can infest your home. Environmental flea sprays can be used to treat your home to prevent infestations from spreading, killing adult fleas and stopping eggs from hatching. Additionally, flea sprays like Frontline can be applied to both dogs and puppies as young as 2 weeks old for added protection.
When choosing a flea and tick treatment for your dog, it's important to consider their age, weight, and the severity of the infestation. You should also consult with your veterinarian to ensure you are using the most effective treatment for your dog during a severe flea infestation.
In addition to using flea and tick treatments, there are several other steps you can take to help prevent infestations:
- Keep your dog's environment clean and free of debris.
- Keep your dog on a lead when outside to reduce exposure to parasites.
- Check your dog regularly for fleas and ticks, especially after spending time outside.
- Bathe your dog regularly with a flea and tick shampoo.
- Use a flea and tick repellent on your dog, especially during peak flea and tick season.
By following these simple steps and using effective flea and tick treatments, you can help protect your dog from these pesky parasites and keep them healthy and happy.