Spotinor 10 mg/ml Spot-on Solution for Cattle and Sheep
For the treatment and prevention of infestations by lice and flies on cattle & ticks, lice, keds and established blowfly strike on sheep and lice and ticks on lambs.
For external use.
Dosage & Administration
- Administer 10ml of the product (equivalent to100 mg of deltamethrin) per animal
- Use the special 'Squeeze 'n' Pour' dispenser pack or the Spot-On Applicator. Apply a single dose at one spot on the mid-line of the back, near the shoulders
- One application will generally eradicate all lice. Complete clearance of all lice may take 4 - 5 weeks during which time lice hatch from the eggs and are killed. Very few lice may survive on a small minority of animals
- Effective against both biting and non-biting flies. Protection against horn-flies lasts for 4-8 weeks. Do not repeat fly treatment within a four-week period
- Administer 5ml of the product (equivalent to 50 mg of deltamethrin) per animal
- Apply a single dose with the special 'Squeeze 'n' Pour' dispenser pack or the Spot-On Applicator in one spot on the mid-line of the back at the shoulders. For blowfly strike on sheep, see following specific indication directions.
- Applying at the mid-point of the shoulders provides effective treatment and prevents tick infestations on animals of all ages for up to 6 weeks post-treatment
- For established blowfly strike, apply directly to the maggot-infested area as soon as the fly strike is noticed. One application swiftly kills blowfly larvae. If the strike is more advanced, it's advisable to clip out stained wool before treatment
- It is advisable to treat shortly after shearing (animals with short fleece) & keep treated sheep separated from untreated sheep to avoid re-infestation
- For treatment and prevention of infestations by ticks, keds and lice on sheep, the fleece should be parted and the Spot-On applied to the skin of the animal
- Administer 2.5ml of the product (equivalent to 25 mg of deltamethrin) per lamb
- Apply the solution at the mid-point of the shoulders. This targeted application provides effective treatment and prevention of tick infestations for up to 6 weeks post-treatment. It also reduces the incidence of biting lice over a 4-6 week period after treatment
- Meat and offal: 17 days
- Milk: zero hours
- Meat and offal: 35 days
- Milk: Not authorised for use in ewes producing milk for human consumption
Contraindications, Warnings etc
- Do not use on convalescent or sick animals
- Do not use in cases of known hypersensitivity to the active substance or any of the excipients.
Store the dispenser bottle in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
Do not freeze.