When to use First Life Kitten Colostrum
- As a routine first feed for kittens up to 36 hours of life
- The queen in poor condition
- Large litters increase the competition for colostrum
- Poor mothering can prevent suckling
- The kitten is weak and unable to suckle
- Kittens are bottle fed from birth
For newborn kittens: Use either as full replacer or dietary supplementation. Mix 50g of First Life Kitten Colostrum with 100cc of warm water and feed 2cc of mixture per 50g bodyweight every 2 hours approximately. Continue feeding regime for a minimum of 3 days until kitten is strong, active and healthy. After day 3 increase gradually according to kittens response. On the above calculation, the jar will make 100 feeds approximatley. Kittens will benefit significantly with prolonged feeding of First Life Kitten Colostrum.
Please note: In all cases the energy and will to feed is imperative. Cat Breeder Nutri-Drops will address this need immediately.