Benadryl Allergy Children's 1mg/ml Oral Solution
In adults and children 2 year and above:
- Cetirizine is indicated for the relief of nasal and ocular symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
- Cetirizine is indicated for the relief of symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria.
One ml of solution contains 1 mg cetirizine dihydrochloride
- one ml of solution contains 450 mg sorbitol (solution at 70 %, non crystallizing)
- one ml of solution contains 1.35 mg methylparahydroxybenzoate
- one ml of solution contains 0.15 mg propylparahydroxybenzoate
- one ml of solution contains 50 mg propylene glycol (E1520)
- one ml of solution contains 0.0026 mg benzyl alcohol
- one ml of solution contains 1.29mg sodium
Posology and method of administration
Children aged from 2 to 6 years: 2.5 mg twice daily (2.5 ml oral solution twice daily (a half spoon twice daily)).
Children aged from 6 to 12 years: 5 mg twice daily (5 ml oral solution bid (a full spoon twice daily).
Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age: 10 mg once daily (10 ml oral solution (2 full spoons)).
The solution can be swallowed as such.
Elderly subjects: data do not suggest that the dose needs to be reduced in elderly subjects provided that the renal function is normal.