FRONTLINE Plus Flea & Tick Treatment for Large Dogs (20-40kg)
FRONTLINE Plus is an advanced formula designed for large dogs weighing between 20 and 40 kilograms. It effectively eliminates fleas, ticks, and lice while also preventing flea eggs from hatching in your home. This comprehensive protection against ticks reduces the risk of tick-borne diseases. For optimal flea and tick prevention, apply it every 4 weeks throughout the year.
- Kills fleas on your pet within 24 hours.
- Prevents flea eggs from hatching in your home.
- Eliminates ticks within 48 hours, reducing the risk of tick-borne diseases.
- Effective against lice.
FRONTLINE Plus is a veterinary medicine with a strong safety profile. It can be applied to dogs from 8 weeks of age weighing at least 20 kg. It is also safe for use in pregnant and lactating bitches. Bathing, shampooing, or water exposure does not affect the product's efficacy, as long as it doesn't occur more than once a week.
- If your dog is unwell, please consult your vet for advice before applying any flea treatment. - FRONTLINE Plus for dogs is not suitable for use on rabbits.
Available in 3 and 6 dose packs.
Spot-on solution. Clear amber solution.
Target Species: Dogs
Indications for Use:
- To be used against infestations with fleas, alone or in association with ticks and/or biting lice.
- Treatment of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides spp.). Insecticidal efficacy against new infestations with adult fleas persists for 8 weeks.
- Prevention of flea multiplication by inhibiting egg development (ovicidal activity) and larvae and pupae (larvicidal activity) originating from eggs laid by adult fleas for eight weeks after application.
- Treatment of tick infestations (Ixodes ricinus, Dermacentor variabilis, Dermacentor reticulatus, Rhipicephalus sanguineus). The product has a persistent acaricidal efficacy for up to 4 weeks against ticks.
- Treatment of infestations with biting lice (Trichodectes canis).
- Do not use on puppies less than 8 weeks old and/or weighing less than 20 kg.
- Do not use on sick (e.g., systemic diseases, fever) or convalescent animals.
- Do not use in rabbits, as adverse reactions with even mortality could occur.
- In absence of studies, the use of the product is not recommended in non-target species.
- This product is specifically developed for dogs. Do not use in cats and ferrets, as this could lead to overdosing.
- Do not use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or any of the excipients.
- Bathing/immersion in water within 2 days after application and more frequent bathing than once a week should be avoided, as no study has been performed to investigate its effect on product efficacy. - Emollient shampoos can be used prior to treatment, but reduce the duration of protection against fleas to approximately 5 weeks when used weekly after application of the product. Weekly bathing with a 2% chlorhexidine medicated shampoo did not affect efficacy against fleas during a 6-week long study.
Fipronil and (S)-methoprene may adversely affect aquatic organisms. Dogs should not be allowed to swim in watercourses for 2 days after application.
There may be an attachment of a few ticks. For this reason, the transmission of infectious diseases cannot be completely excluded if conditions are unfavorable.
Fleas from pets often infest the animal's basket, bedding, and regular resting areas such as carpets and soft furnishings, which should be treated in case of massive infestation and at the beginning of the control measures, with a suitable insecticide and vacuumed regularly.
When treating infestations of parasites, all in-contact animals should be treated with an appropriate product at the same time.
Special Precautions for Use in Animals
Avoid contact with the animal's eyes.
It is important to make sure that the product is applied to an area where the animal cannot lick it off, and to ensure that animals do not lick each other following treatment.
Animals should be weighed accurately prior to treatment.
Special Precautions for People Administering the Product to Animals
Keep pipettes in the original packaging until ready to use. In order to prevent children from getting access to used pipettes, dispose of used pipettes immediately.
This product can cause mucous membrane, skin, and eye irritation. Therefore, contact of the product with mouth, skin, and eyes should be avoided.
If the product is accidentally swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the package leaflet to the physician.
People with a known hypersensitivity (allergy) to insecticides or alcohol should avoid contact with this product. Avoid contents coming into contact with the fingers. If this occurs, wash hands with soap and water.
After accidental ocular exposure, the eye should be rinsed carefully with pure water. Wash hands after use.
Treated animals should not be handled until the application site is dry, and children should not be allowed to play with treated animals until the application site is dry. It is therefore recommended that animals are not treated during the day but should be treated during the early evening, and that recently treated animals are not allowed to sleep with owners, especially children.
Do not smoke, drink, or eat during application.
Fipronil and (S)-methoprene may adversely affect aquatic organisms. Dogs should not be allowed to swim in watercourses for 2 days after application. The alcohol carrier may have adverse effects on painted, varnished, or other household surfaces or furnishings.
Among the very rare suspected adverse reactions, transient skin reactions on the application site (skin discoloration, local hair loss, itching, redness) and general itching or hair loss have been reported after use. Excessive salivation, reversible nervous signs (increased sensitivity to stimulation, depression, other nervous signs), vomiting , or respiratory symptoms have also been observed after use.
If licking occurs, a brief period of excessive salivation may be observed due mainly to the nature of the carrier.
Do not overdose.
The frequency of adverse reactions is defined using the following convention:
- very common (more than 1 in 10 animals treated displaying adverse reaction(s))
- common (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 100 animals treated)
- uncommon (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 1,000 animals treated)
- rare (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 10,000 animals treated)
- very rare (less than 1 animal in 10,000 animals treated, including isolated reports).
Use during Pregnancy, Lactation, or Lay
The product can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
Do not use simultaneously with other flea products which are applied directly on to the animal.
Amounts to be Administered and Administration Route
By topical application to the skin. In the absence of safety studies, the minimum treatment interval is 4 weeks.
Weight (kg) Dosage
20 - 40 1 x 2.68 ml pipette
Method of administration:
Hold the pipette upright. Tap the narrow part of the pipette to ensure the contents remain within the main body of the pipette. Snap back the tip. Part the coat on the back of the animal at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze the pipette several times to empty its contents completely and directly onto the skin in one spot.
Temporary changes to the coat (clumped/greasy hair) may be noted at the application site.
No adverse effects were observed in target animal safety studies in 8-week-old puppies, growing dogs, and dogs weighing about 20 kg treated once at five times the recommended dose. The risk of experiencing adverse effects (see Adverse Reactions section) may, however, increase when overdosing, so animals should always be treated with the correct pipette size according to body weight.
Pharmacotherapeutic group: Ectoparasiticides for topical use incl. insecticides QP53. The product is an insecticidal and acaricidal solution for topical use, containing an association of an adulticidal active ingredient, fipronil, in combination with an ovicidal and larvicidal active ingredient, (S)-methoprene.
Fipronil is an insecticide and acaricide belonging to the phenylpyrazole family. It acts by interacting with ligand-gated chloride channels, in particular those gated by the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), thereby blocking pre- and post-synaptic transfer of chloride ions across cell membranes. This results in uncontrolled activity of the central nervous system and death of insects or acarines. Fipronil kills fleas within 24 hours and ticks (Dermacentor reticulatus, Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Ixodes scapularis, Ixodes ricinus, Haemaphysalis longicornis, Haemaphysalis flava, Haemaphysalis campanulata) and lice within 48 hours post-exposure.
(S)-Methoprene is an insect growth regulator (IGR) of the class of compounds known as juvenile hormone analogues that inhibit the development of immature stages of insects. This compound mimics the action of juvenile hormone and causes impaired development and death of the developing stages of fleas. The on-animal ovicidal activity of (S)-methoprene results from either direct penetration of the eggshell of newly laid eggs or from absorption through the cuticle of the adult fleas. (S)-methoprene is also effective in preventing flea larvae and pupae from developing, which prevents contamination of the environment of treated animals with the immature stages of fleas.
Excipients: Butylhydroxyanisole (E320), Butylhydroxytoluene (E321), Ethanol Polysorbate 80 (E433), Povidone, Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether
Shelf life of the veterinary medicinal product as packaged for sale: 3 years
Special Precautions for Storage
Do not store above 30°C. Store in the original package.
Box of 1 blister card of 1 pipette, box of 1 or 2 blister card(s) of 3 pipettes, or blister card of 1 pipette, with a scored tip, each containing either 2.68 ml.
Any unused veterinary medicinal product or waste materials derived from such veterinary medicinal product should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements. Fipronil and (S)-methoprene may adversely affect aquatic organisms. Do not contaminate ponds, waterways, or ditches with the product or empty containers.
Frontline Plus is available for Different Weight Dogs as well as Cats & Ferrets
Full range of Frontline Plus available here